1/2 cup granulated sugar of your choice (coconut palm or maple sugar work best)
1/2 tsp. granulated or liquid vanilla
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tsp. high-quality vanilla extract
1 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup quinoa flour, sprouted flour preferable
1/2 cup brown rice flour, sprouted flour preferable
1 rounded tsp. gluten-free baking powder
1/4 tsp. sea salt
zest of one large organic lemon
juice of one large organic lemon
1 tbsp. butter or coconut oil (for loaf pan)
1 tbsp. flour of your choice (for loaf pan)
1. Preheat your oven to 325. Grease a†8.5 x 4.5 loaf pan with coconut oil or butter. Then, flour the pan and set aside.
2. In a bowl, combine the coconut flour, quinoa flour, brown rice flour, baking powder, and sea salt. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, or the bowl of your stand mixer, combine the eggs, sugar, lemon juice, and yogurt. Mix until creamy.
4. With the mixer running on low, pour in the melted coconut oil and melted butter into the egg mixture.
5. Add the vanilla and lemon zest.
6. With the mixer still running on low, add the dry ingredients slowly. You may need to take a spatula and scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure the dry ingredients are completely incorporated.
7. Pour the batter into the greased and floured loaf pan and smooth the top with the spatula. Gently tap the bottom of the pan on your counter (use a towel or pot holder to pad the counter) to release any air bubbles that might be trapped.
8. Bake for 60-75 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. If the top is browning too quickly, you can cover the pan with a piece of foil.
9. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before removing from†the†pan and slicing. Serve at room temperature with toppings of your choice.