Have you rubbed ground coffee all over your body lately? As strange as it might sound coffee body scrubs are growing in popularity! I was introduced to this odd but effective type of scrub by a friend who uses it and loves the tremendous improvement on the look and feel of her stretch marks and overall texture.
Caffeine is rich in anti-oxidants which makes it a great anti-inflammatory ingredient. Coffee is commonly used in many high end spas as a topical exfoliant because the caffeine draws out extra water and impurities. It’s no wonder beauty magazines rave about this new beauty trick that takes this morning staple to a new level.
Here is a natural recipe for a Coffee Body Scrub that will help diminish the appearance of stretch marks, cellulite and improve the overall texture of skin. Get that natural Summer Glow!
1. You can use the ground coffee that has already been brewed in your machine
2. Mix the peppermint oil and Fractionated coconut oil in a small bowl
3. Place the coffee grounds in the second medium size bowl and pour in the sugar and mix. Then pour in the oils spreading them around the entire bowl. Combine all ingredients in until you get a paste like mixture and place in the glass container until ready for use in the shower
3. Make sure the area of the skin is clean prior to applying the scrub. Apply to wet skin. (We recommend that you do not use on your face as the scrub may be too harsh)
4. Gently rub on the mixture in circular motions for 1-2 minutes. Leave the paste on for 10 minutes
5. Remove it in the shower by gently wiping down with warm water, a cloth and your favorite body wash. Be careful not to slip while in the shower, since you will be removing oil.
6. You can store it at room temperature for 1 week
The Coffee, Sugar & Salt will exfoliate your skin. Peppermint oil serves as aromatherapy with its refreshing scent and energizing properties. Lastly, the coconut oil will deeply moisturize with out clogging pores. You can use this scrub twice a week. We recommend that you use a deep moisturizer after you wash off the scrub (as you should be on a daily basis). Natural moisturizers like Argan Oil or Shea Butter are extremely effective at rejuvenating dry skin and leaving behind tons of vitamins and minerals.