Black Bean + Spinach Enchiladas With Green Chile & Feta
The feta adds a nice creaminess (and a change-up from the usual cheddar), but skip it if you're looking to keep it vegan.
- 2 cups cooked black beans, drained + rinsed
- 3 cups packed spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (or olive oil)
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- 6-8 large or 12-14 small corn tortillas
- 1.5 cups green chili sauce
- sea salt + pepper
- 1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 avocado, diced
- hot sauce
1. Preheat an oven to 350°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the black beans, spinach, shallots, coconut oil, chili powder and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
3. Spread 1/4 cup of the green chili sauce on the bottom of a round wide Dutch oven. Arrange 3-4 tortillas in a single layer on the sauce, overlapping them as needed to cover the sauce. Top evenly with a generous scoop of the black bean mixture (enough to cover the tortillas). Top that with about ½ cup of the sauce and ¼ cup of feta. Repeat the layering a couple more times, finishing with the sauce and then the cheese.
4. Leave uncovered and transfer to the oven. Bake until the ingredients are heated through and the cheese is melted, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and garnish with green onions, cilantro and avocado.