Cucumbers are very tasty vegetables. They are delicious in salads or you can just eat them like that as a refreshing yet nutritious snack. Plus they are very easy to grow. But, you probably didn’t have a clue that cucumbers can be put to various uses. Here are all the things that you can do with cucumbers.
1. Raw non peeled cucumber contains Potassium, Vitamin K, Vitamin C and it is a good source of Phosphorus and Manganese, Magnesium, Pantothenic Acid and Vitamin A. It is also very low on Sodium, Cholesterol and Saturated Fat.
2. If you are feeling tired you can use cucumbers instead of caffeine, because they are a good source of Carbohydrates and Vitamins B.
3. If you want a spa-fragrance and you don’t want your bathroom mirror fogging when you take a hot shower, just rub a cucumber on the mirror before taking a bath.
4. You can use cucumbers to drive off garden pests by placing cucumber slices in a pie tin in your garden. The aluminum and cucumber chemicals will react together and drive the pests away.
5. You can reduce the visibility of cellulite on your body by rubbing slices of cucumber to your cellulite areas. This is because the collagen and the cucumber phytochemicals react together and tighten the skin. It even works with wrinkles.
6. Cucumbers can help you avoid headaches and hangovers cause by alcohol. Just eat a cucumber before going to sleep and you will wake up refreshed. This is because cucumbers are rich in electrolytes, Vitamin B and sugar which keep your body in balance.
7. You want to eliminate the feel of hunger but you don’t want to eat something with calories? Eat cucumbers because they are much healthier, they have zero calories and will make you feel full.
8. Cucumbers can be used as shoe polish. Rub a cucumber slice on your shoes and with the help of the chemicals in the cucumber your shoes will become shiny enough for your importantbusiness meeting or date.
9. Out of WD 40? No problem! Cut a cucumber and rub it along the area that you want lubricated.
10. Relieve stress by cutting up an entire cucumber and putting it in boiling water. The nutrients and the chemicals will start to reach and a relaxing aroma will be released along with the steam just like in a spa.
11. Eliminate bad breath by pressing a slice of cucumber with your tongue against the roof of your mouth and the photochemicals will kill all the bacteria that produces the bad breath.
12. Yet another problem can be solved by rubbing cucumber! You can clean any stainless steel, sinks or faucets by rubbing cucumber slices on the surface. It will even bring back the shine that was lost long ago.
13. Use cucumber to erase pen, crayon and marker writings by slowly rubbing the outside of a cucumber to the problem area.