Lemon Juice To Clean
How to use lemon juice to replace toxic chemicals in your home
(NaturalNews) You don't have to waste money on toxic chemicals to clean your home, treat a cold, or pamper your skin. Lemon juice is a simple, natural alternative that can replace countless bottles of over-priced chemicals.
10 creative ways to use lemon juice1. Grease removal - A mixture of plain water and lemon juice is tough enough to bust through any grease on your kitchen appliances and counter tops.
2. Disinfect and deodorize your kitchen - Is your refrigerator or cutting board really clean? Surfaces where we prepare and store food need to be clean, but this is also exactly where we don't want to use toxic chemical cleaners. Lemon juice is excellent for disinfecting these surfaces, and will also remove unpleasant stains and odors.
3. Sooth a cough - Mix some raw honey with an equal amount of lemon juice to ease your coughing. This also works well for a sore throat.
4. Enhance digestion - Fresh lemon juice in water can aid digestion during meals. It's also a great way to hydrate in the morning when you first wake up.
5. Tone your skin - Use a cotton ball to apply a light layer of diluted lemon juice to your skin. Let it sit for ten minutes and then rinse away with cool water. The lemon juice will naturally exfoliate your skin, and can also lighten dark spots and scars.
6. Clean glass - Lemon juice is just what you need to bring the sparkle back to that dull vase, coffee pot or decanter. You can also use one part lemon juice in ten parts water to shine your windows.
7. Clean and soften your hands - Lemon juice is excellent for removing stains and odors left on your hands. Lightly scrub the lemon juice into your hands with a sponge, then rinse and moisturize as usual. Your hands will feel clean, soft and fresh.
8. Remove tarnish - A simple paste of table salt and lemon juice can make tarnished copper, chrome and brass gleam again. Apply the mixture, allow it to sit for ten minutes, then rinse with warm water and buff gently to shine.
9. Get sun-kissed hair highlights - Chemicals used to lighten hair can be highly toxic. Get natural highlights by spritzing your hair with lemon juice before you go out in the sun. As an added bonus, rinsing your hair with lemon juice removes build-up and gives your locks incredible shine.
10. Clean your toilet - Toilet cleaning products are harsh and unnecessary. A mixture of borax powder and lemon juice will leave your toilet looking (and smelling) as good as new!
Sources for this article include: