Honey Mustard Chicken Salad
I had a honey mustard chicken salad at a restaurant once and wanted to try to mimic the recipe. I think I came pretty close. This is delicious! Nice and tangy just like I remembered. It goes together quick as you can get everything together while the chicken is grilling. You can really throw anything you want into this salad. The dressing mixes great with any veggies.
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled and chopped into bite size pieces
- Spring mix of lettuce and spinach tossed into a large bowl
- Tomatoes, chopped into small chunks
- Avocado, chopped into small chunks
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 teaspoon or so of no-salt seasoning (not shown)
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil (not extra-virgin) (not shown)
- 1/4 cider vinegar
- 1/8 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/8 cup honey
While meat is grilling, toss the greens into a bowl along with the onions, tomatoes, avocado, and almonds. In a separate bowl whisk together lime juice, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, mustard, and honey. Pour over the salad and toss everything together.
Once chicken is done, chop and also toss into the salad. Mix well and serve!