This was another recipe that was shared during our Paleo Challenge last year, but I tweaked it a bit. These are perfect for a quick breakfast or on the go. We would also make these before a road trip so we had something to munch on before and during! They are great on their own or you can top with some salsa and guacamole. Mmmm I want some now actually!
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 lb cooked ground meat or sausage
- 3 slices of bacon (or more if you love bacon like I do!)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 TBSP chopped green onions (This and the red pepper are optional, I add these or sometimes whatever other veggies I have at home)
- 1 TBSP melted better (get Kerrygold brand at Trader Joe’s if you can, it’s grass-fed and delicious. If not, than regular organic butter is fine)
- Salt and Pepper (add according to your taste)
- Silicone Cups (I got mine at Crate and Barrel but you can pretty much pick these up anywhere)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease silicone cups with melted butter. Cook the ground meat (or sausage) and bacon in a pan. In a bowl beat the eggs, then add the meat, bacon, and veggies of choice. Spoon into silicone cups. If you make exactly what is in this recipe, it will be around 7-8 muffins, if you add more veggies/meat etc then it will be more so just have some spare cups around. They don’t rise too much, so you can almost fill them to the top just leave a some space. Cook for 18-20 minutes (or when you stick a toothpick in and it comes out clean). Once these are cool, they pop right out and store in fridge!