Bacon Chicken

Sweet & Spicy Bacon Chicken

I have a thing for foods with a hint of sweetness.  I also have a weekness for spicy foods.  And bacon.  So you can bet that this one was a winner in my book.  

As you can see below, the original recipe calls for this to be baked in the oven.  The advantage of that method is that you have some delicious flavorful juices to drizzle over the meat and mashed potatoes {if you choose to make them as a side}.  It was over 100 degrees the day I made this so there was NO FREAKING WAY that I was turning on the oven.  They were fabulous on the grill to, AND as I like to tell myself, MUCH healthier;)  
If you want to make this chicken teeming with deliciousness, here is all you will need!




Sweet and Spicy Bacon Chicken
4 chicken breasts cut in thirds (12 pieces)
Bacon slices
salt and pepper to taste
garlic powder
chili powder
brown sugar

Cut each breast into 3 pieces, season all the chicken with the spices, then wrap a bacon slice around each piece, roll in brown sugar and place into an oven proof dish....make sure you have some olive oil in the dish too, like 2 or 3 tablespoons is fine {I skipped this since I grilled them.  I honestly think you could coat your dish with nonstick cooking spray instead to save a few calories}.  

Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and bacon is nice and brown and crispy.  Delicious served with mashed potatoes with some of the gravy from the chicken drizzled on top.

**Also great on the grill!  No juices to drizzle on anything, but still delicious!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing But Sweat Workout by DailyHIIT

4 Ways Your Pumpkin Can Make You Prettier

How Air Pollution Is Damaging Your Health