Ripe Plantains Stuffed with Chorizo and Cheese
- 4 whole ripe plantains, peeled
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/12 cup of grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 fresh Colombian or Mexican chorizos, casings removed, crumbled
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 F. Made a lengthwise slit in the center of each plantain.
- Place them on a baking sheet and rub them with the melted butter.
- Bake the plantains for about 40 minutes.
- While the plantains are baking, cook the crumbled chorizo in a pan until crispy. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel to drain the grease.
- Remove the plantains from the oven and stuff them with chorizo and cheese.
- 6, Return stuffed plantains to the oven and bake for about 5 minutes more or until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately with your favorite sauce.