DIY Coconut Lotion Bars & Body Wash

Coconut Oil Lotion Bars | holistichealthnaturally.com

Coconut Oil Lotion Bar

Equipment
Ingredients
Directions
Heat coconut oil and beeswax together in a saucepan over low heat. It helps if you break up the beeswax into small chunks because it takes a while for the wax to melt. Once the beeswax and coconut oil are melted add essential oils. I like to use vanilla and lavender. I’m sensitive to strong fragrances so I only add a few drops.
Pour melted coconut oil and beeswax into lotion bar molds or  muffin tins. Let them sit until cool. You can also place them in the refrigerator if you need to speed up the process.
* Some readers have said that there is just a little too much beeswax in this recipe. We now recommend you cut the amount of beeswax down by 1/4 part.

How To Use Lotion Bars

The first time I used a lotion bar I had some trouble. No one explained to me how to use them. I ended up bringing it into the shower with me and used it like a soap bar. It worked pretty well as a moisturizer, but a lot of it would wash off in the shower. Later I figured out that your not supposed to use it in the shower (though I still keep one in my shower because we like to use it the wrong way). Instead you need to rub the bar until it’s warm and then apply it on your skin like lotion.
Coconut Oil Body WashCleanse your skin while leaving it silky, smooth and completely moisturized using a homemade natural coconut oil body wash.
Ingredients
  • ¼ cup coconut oil
  • ½ cup liquid Castile soap
  • 1 teaspoon vitamin E
  • 10-15 drops essential oil
  • 1/4 cup honey (optional)
Instructions
  1. Heat coconut oil into a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds until melted.
  2. Add your favorite essential oil and vitamin E and whisk together.
  3. Add Castile soap slowly and stirring gently.
  4. Transfer to glass or plastic bottle.
  5. Shake before each use.
You can add honey to your homemade body wash to keep your skin silky soft and smooth… :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing But Sweat Workout by DailyHIIT

4 Ways Your Pumpkin Can Make You Prettier

How Air Pollution Is Damaging Your Health