We all know there are different types of foundations, each offering a different finish and coverage. Cream and powder foundation are typically the heaviest and cover the most while tinted moisturizers and BB creams offer the lightest coverage and feel. Liquid foundation falls in the middle of the spectrum. Until now! There is a new breed of liquid foundations that are so thin (you will literally die when you feel how thin they are… Ok not literally but you know what I mean!) yet they are formulated to give medium to full coverage. They feel so amazing, as if you’re not wearing anything, and there’s a different technique to apply them. Here’s all you need to know about fluid foundation:
- Pick a new thin foundation — we love Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation Serum, Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid Touch Foundation, L’Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder and Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra Light Skin Perfecting Foundation.
- Spot conceal if necessary — I used Bobbi Brown Face Touch Up Stick on Morgan above.
- Pair it with your favorite mascara, cream blush and tinted lip balm to keep it light and airy!
- Pour a small amount of the fluid foundation in the palm of your hand. Dip your index finger in and start tapping it all over your face. If you’re impatient like I am, dip your index, middle and ring fingers in and tap all three all over to save time.
- Massage gently by swirling and tapping your fingers until it disappears into your skin. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to build the coverage in areas you need more.
- Optional: if you have a stubborn acne scar, blemish or dark spot that is still peeking through, go back and erase it with the concealer stick (don’t forget to blend it with your finger and set with powder using an eyeshadow blending brush).