Orange Banana Date Nut Cream
Orange Banana Date Nut Cream Cold Dessert:Easy to make, nutritious, raw vegan, gluten free - plus super delicious and kid friendly.
Sample recipe from Thrive Energy Cookbook:A nutrient-loaded twist on a classic flavor combination, this dessert has become a go-to-favorite of author Brendan Brazier.
Total prep time: 8 min
Nutrition Data Per Serving, 149 g:219 calories, 41g carbohydrate, 7g fat, 3mg sodium, 4g dietary fiber, 4g protein, 24g sugars, low Cholesterol, good source Vit C, B6, Manganese. Estimated glycemic load: 16
- 4 frozen bananas, sliced
- 1 large Medjool date, pitted and soaked
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) finely chopped cashews
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) orange zest
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) coconut nectar (optional)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pure vanilla extract
- Seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) chopped cashews
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients except the chopped cashews
- Process until smooth
- Stir in the chopped cashews
- Serve immediately or freeze in an airtight container
If like me, you have an ancient, low power food processor, you can make this recipe in an Ordinary Blender. I had to add more orange juice to make it work, and that was fine.