Roasted Fall Vegetable Bowl With Spicy Peanut Sauce
Makes about 4 bowls
1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into small florets (or bag of florets)
1 medium butternut squash, peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes (or container of pre-chopped butternut squash)
1 pound of Brussels sprouts, trimmed, base cut off, and cut in half
olive oil, or oil of your choice
salt and pepper
2 cups cooked lentils, ½ cup per bowl
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
Ingredients for Peanut Sauce
2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
1 teaspoon hot chili sauce (I used Cholula)
1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated on a microplane or finely chopped
3-4 tablespoons warm water
1. Heat oven to 425°F. Toss each vegetable with olive oil (start with 1 tablespoon, adding more if needed), salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl, to evenly coat the vegetables in olive oil.
2. Spread the chopped vegetables on baking sheets, making a tray for each individual type of vegetable. Roast in the oven (two trays can go in at once): Brussels sprouts should take 20-25 minutes, cauliflower about 30 minutes, butternut squash 30-35 minutes.
3. To prepare your peanut sauce, combine ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake to combine.
4. This step is optional: Heat a splash of olive oil in a pan over high heat. Add cooked lentils, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring once or twice, for 2-3 minutes. This gives the lentils a little bit of crispy texture and extra flavor.
5. Assemble your bowls with roasted vegetables and lentils; top with peanut sauce and cilantro.