Creamy Norwegian Fish Soup
Some ingredients – fish, mussels, sour cream, flour - can be substituted or omitted.
2 ½ tablespoons butter
2 ½ tablespoons almond flour or arrowroot flour
4 - 5 cups fish broth
1 carrot, cut &; chopped into strips
1 - 2 cup leeks, cut and chopped into strips
1 - 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
1 can chopped tomatoes (14 ounces)
12-14 peeled raw shrimps
12-14 mussels or 12-14 small scallops
4-6 ounces wild salmon
1⁄2 cup heavy cream
1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper as needed
1 tablespoon sour cream
1 teaspoon lumpfish caviar
1. In a large pot, melt 2 tablespoons of butter, add flour, and stir for 2 minutes at low heat.
2. Slowly add fish broth at intervals. Continue stirring and boil gently for 5-10 minutes.
3. Melt remaining butter, and sauté carrots, leeks and potatoes for 10 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes and simmer for another 5 minutes, then add shrimp, mussels, fish and cream. Simmer another 5 minutes, or until fish and shellfish are tender.
5. Add parsley, salt and pepper.
6. Serve garnished with sour cream and lumpfish caviar.
Enjoy the long evenings and sun filled days...
If you’d like to make your cooking even easier and more nutritious, check out our Alaskan fish broths – three new additions to our bone broth line that we know you’ll love.