DIY Lip Plumper
This is one of those random suggestions that I would never believe in a million years until I tried it myself! Of course, it’s not going to plump you up like something injected into your lips by a doctor, but I promise you, your lips will swell enough to notice a difference. Why? Because the oil found in cinnamon irritates and inflames the mucous membrane, causing a rush of blood to flow to the area, causing it to swell. And for some of you, the lips will not only swell, they’ll get redder. If you pick up a lip plumping serum or gloss out there, turn it over and read the ingredients… most likely cinnamon is listed close to the top. Yes it’s only temporary and the most I’ve ever felt like it lasted on myself is a couple of hours but hey, I’ll take it! Here’s how you can make your own:
- Cinnamon Powder — You can crush cinnamon sticks too if that’s all you have in your kitchen.
- Your Favorite Salve– You can use Vaseline or Aquaphor but both are petroleum-based (same derivative that we use to run our cars)… I would use Egyptian Magic All-Purpose Skin Cream or Burt’s Bees Comfrey Comfort Salve, both petroleum-free and made with natural ingredients,
- A spatula and mixing surface — I love Beauty Blender’s Sur.face Pro because the spots are numbered and you can mix and match and make new shades with just about anything!
- Your Favorite Lip Brush — My favorite is Vincent Longo’s Precision Lip Brush #5.
- Your Favorite Tinted Lip Balm — If you haven’t tried Lancome’s Baume in Love Lip Balm you’re going to die. I get compliments on it every time that I wear it! Alyssa is wearing Urban Ballet.
- Scoop out a pea-sized amount of Egyptian Magic with the spatula.
- Place it in one of the mixing divots on the tray.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon a few times on top of it.
- Mix it into a paste with the spatula.
- Dip the lip brush into the solution and apply it all over your lip area.
- Wait 3-5 minutes. You’ll feel a tingling sensation as the oil in the cinnamon irritates and inflames your mucous membrane, causing it to slightly swell.
- Wipe the solution off with a tissue.
- Follow with a tinted lip balm.