RAW Vegan Lasagna

Raw Recipe: Mind-Blowing Vegan Lasagna
Before I was gluten free, I was a HUGE fan of pasta. But then I went vegan and now try to eat as much raw food as I can.  It just makes me feel better.
But just because I'm not eating traditional pasta anymore doesn't mean I can't enjoy some raw-some noodle recipes.
I have been able to adapt, using raw ingredients. For instance, instead of using pasta, I now use zucchini for a base as a substitute for my love affair with pasta.
Here is one of my favorite lasagna recipes:
Cashew Cheese with Kale and Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Lasagna
Ingredients:
Lasagna noodles:
  • 4 zucchini
Cashew cheese:
  • 2/3 cup cashews
  • 2 peeled garlic cloves
  • 1 tsp fresh lemon juice, plus 7 drops of lemon essential oil
  • 1-2 teaspoons dried rosemary and one drop rosemary essential oil
  • Himalayan sea salt and pepper, to taste
  • Water, as needed
Sun-dried tomato and basil pesto:
  • huge bunch of basil, 
  • big bunch of kale and 
  • one drop basil essential oil
  • 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil unless your sun-dried tomatoes are already stored in oil
  • A pinch of Himalayan sea salt, pepper and dried herbs
  • Water, as needed 
Directions:
To make the noodles: Slice the zucchini on a mandolin slicer

To make the cheese: Blend all ingredients in a food processor or a blender until smooth and thick, adding as little water as possible so it doesn't get too runny. Set aside.
To make the pesto: Blend all ingredients in a food processor or a blender until smooth and thick, again, adding as little water as possible so it doesn't get too runny.
Assemble the layers, by placing the pesto and cheese over the zucchini noodles. You can either make flat lasagna or you can roll it up and have some fun with creative flare.
I've just given you a great raw vegan recipe for lasagna. What do you like in your lasagna? I would love to hear from you. Please leave your comments in the box below.

Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing But Sweat Workout by DailyHIIT

4 Ways Your Pumpkin Can Make You Prettier

How Air Pollution Is Damaging Your Health