Anti-Blemish Mask w/Chamomile,Honey & Tea Tree by Fresh Picked Beauty

Fresh Picked Beauty



These instructions will give you two re-usable cloth face masks.
One of the latest beauty trends is the one-time-use treatment infused cloth facial masks that are popping up with major beauty brands.  They are worn on the face for about 20 to 30 minutes and can help rejuvenate, hydrate, soothe and soften your skin.  They can also be pretty expensive! I have seen some of them go for as much as $20 each. I was at the mall a few weeks ago and was talking with a sales associate at a particular beauty counter and  she offered me a free sample of their super expensive cloth facial mask.

Here is the deal, I was only interested in using it as a template to build my own re-usable cloth face mask.  The particular product I received was chock full of questionable ingredients that I would never put on my skin.  I gently washed it and hung it up to air dry.

An organic cotton produce bag usually costs less than $4.00
I use organic cotton produce bags to store my fruits and veggies and decided that I could part with one of them in order to fashion my re-usable face masks.  I made two sets of the face mask out of one bag.

The washed and dried cloth face mask that I received as a sample from a beauty counter at the mall
The photo above shows the free cloth face mask that I received from the beauty counter. I think it is made from rayon or something synthetic.

I pinned the synthetic one-time-use mask onto my produce bag
I simply pinned it onto my cotton produce bag. This way I was able to get two sets out of it.

So simple!!
I cut around the pattern. Pretty easy!!!

Two re-usable organic cotton cloth face masks. Yeah!!!
Yeah!! Two sets of re-usable organic cotton cloth face masks. Now I am ready to mix up a treatment formula to infuse the mask with.  I decided to create an anti-blemish treatment serum.

Mountain Rose Herbs offers the best Witch Hazel and Aloe Vera Gel. Just saying!!
Start out with adding 2 tablespoons of Witch Hazel Extract and 2 tablespoons of Aloe Vera Gel into a mixing cup.  Add in 1 tablespoon of glycerine. Mix well

You can either make your own tinctures, buy them from Mountain Rose Herbs, Gaia Herbs or Herb Pharm.
Pull out your tinctures and add 1/4 teaspoon of calendula extract1/4 teaspoon echinacea extract1/4 teaspoon green tea leaf extract1/2 teaspoon chamomile extract1/2 teaspoon lavender extract and 1/2 teaspoon thyme extract to your measuring cup. Mix well. All of these tinctures are wonderful for blemish-prone skin.

Make sure to buy Bio-Active Healing Honey.  It is expensive, but is pretty good stuff!!!
Stir in 1 tablespoon of organic manuka honey. Mix well.

Xanthan gum can be found in the baking section.  It is a great thickener and can turn liquids into gels.
Thicken up the mixture by adding in 1/8 teaspoon of Xanthan gum to the mixture.

This stick blender will help disperse the xanthan gum evenly.
Use a stick blender and blend on high until the mixture is a gel-like consistency.

Mix in 2 teaspoons of Jojoba oil and 10 drops of Tea Tree essential oil. Stir well.

Place your cloth face mask into the mixture and allow it to become fully saturated.  This recipe makes enough for three facials.

Boo!
Smooth the treatment infused face mask over your face and leave on for 20 to 30 minutes.  Remove the cloth mask.  Do not rinse your skin, simply massage in any remaining treatment serum.  My face felt so refreshed after this treatment!!

Gently rinse out your cloth mask in warm soapy water and rinse well.  Air dry and use again and again and again.  This recipe will give you enough treatment gel for three facials.

Enjoy!! Stay tuned for more recipes to use with your cloth masks.

Cheers!

Shannon


 Mountain Rose Herbs. A herbs, health and harmony c
This information is for educational purposes only, it is not intended to treat, cure, prevent or, diagnose any disease or condition. Nor is it intended to prescribe in any way. This information is for educational purposes only and may not be complete, nor may its data be accurate. As with all herbs,  Do not take internally unless working with a qualified and expert practitioner. Keep away from children.  I am an affiliate with Mountain Rose Herbs,please review my disclosure page for details.. Avoid use  unless discussed with your physician. This information is for educational purposes only.  This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.  This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Green Blessings!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing But Sweat Workout by DailyHIIT

4 Ways Your Pumpkin Can Make You Prettier

How Air Pollution Is Damaging Your Health