Golden Summer Tutorial
Summer is here but our tans may not be yet (or if you’re like me, you fake it all summer long while loading up the SPF). So here’s a perfect makeup look for summer… bronzed cheeks, gilded lids, a lined eye and a pink lip. Simple and gorgeous. Here’s how:
- Tinted Moisturizer in your own shade or a half shade darker: I used Bobbi Brown Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer on Lacy above because its shade range is wide enough to include everyone and it feels really light while still offering great coverage.
- Egg-Shaped Sponge: I always use the original Beauty Blender Sponge (as I’m sure you’ve noticed now in so many of my tutorials!) because it has more bend and flexibility than the other egg-shaped sponges.
- Your Favorite Bronzer: For over 5 years Hourglass’s Illume Creme-to-Powder Bronzer Duo in Sunset has been my go-to cream bronzer because it’s warm and I can sheer it out for fair skin yet it’s dark enough to show up on olive and medium-to-dark skin tones.
- Your Favorite Pink Blush: I used the cream blush from the Hourglass Illume Creme-to-Powder Bronzer Duo in Sunset because it shows up on all skin tones and is the perfect sun-kissed shade of pink.
- Gold Eyeshadow: I used Stila Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Shadow in Comex Gold. It’s so pretty it makes my heart happy! You can add a sheer layer like I did above, or you can make it intense like I did in the Get Sequined Tutorial.
- Black Longwear Eyeliner: My favorite black kohl longwear pencil is Sephora Collection Long Lasting Kohl Pencil because it’s longwear but still has enough slip to it to glide on intensely and evenly.
- Mascara: I used Mally Volumizing Mascara because it’s still my obsession!
- Pink Lipstick: I used Butter London Lippy Tinted Balm in Teddy Boy, such a pretty color for Summer!
- First apply the tinted moisturizer all over your face and neck with the egg sponge.
- Next bronze the hollow of your cheeks, your temples and the two sides of your forehead with the cream bronzer using a blush brush, foundation brush or a sponge.
- Don’t forget to bronze your jawline and neck as well so it all matches.
- Smile and apply blush to the top portion of the apples of your cheeks with a blush brush.
- Blend everything together with the egg sponge.
- Apply the pink lipstick all over the lip area.
- Swipe your finger across the gold glitter shadow and press it all over the lid and crease.
- Load it up again and sweep it across the lower lashline.
- Line the upper lashline with the kohl pencil.
- Rim the inner waterline with the kohl pencil.
- Finish with a couple coats of mascara.