Columbian Stuffed Avocados w/ Tuna
- 2 cans of good quality tuna fish
- 1/4 cup grated white onion
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup cooked peas
- 1/4 cup cooked and diced carrots
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup of ketchup
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 6 ripe but firm avocados
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the tuna, onions,red onion, peas, carrots, tomato, ketchup, mayo, hot sauce, parsley, cilantro and juice of 1 lime. Mix all the ingredients and add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Cut the avocados lengthwise, remove the seed and, drizzle lime juice to prevent them from darkening.
- Place the avocados halves on a serving plate. Fill the avocados with the tuna mixture and sprinkle with chopped cilantro or parsley. Serve immediately.