Makeup artists consider it a staple but it could seem a little scary if you don’t know how to use it. Why white? It’s actually a secret weapon for making your eyes look brighter and wider. Trust us, white eyeliner has its place in your makeup bag, and for more than one reason. That’s why we’re giving you five from celebrity makeup artist AJ Crimson:
1. As Traditional LinerInstead of lining your top lid with a thick smear of black, try using white. Since white eyeliner is bright, this will create a noticeable, dramatic look.
2. Layers of ColorDraw a white line of your top lid twice as thick as you would normally apply eyeliner. Next, apply black or brown liner on top of it with a line about half as thick. This will create a double eyeliner look that makes your eyes stand out without being as dramatic was a white-only liner look.
3. Highlight the Inner CornerYou can use white eyeliner to highlight the inside corner of your eyes to brighten your look. Starting from the corner, fan out about a centimeter on the top and bottom lid. Your eyes will appear brighter, improving your overall look.
4. Under Your BrowsHighlight your brow bone by swiping the white liner directly underneath the brow then smudging it along the brow bone.
5. As ConcealerHide a blemish by applying white eyeliner to it first, then cover it with concealer. The whites will counteract the red of the blemish to create perfect coverage.