When cooking desserts, reach for sweet and savory cinnamon. Seasoning a high carb food with cinnamon can help lessen its impact on your blood sugar levels. This is because cinnamon slows the rate at which the stomach empties after a meal, thus reducing a rise in blood sugar after eating.
6 apples, peeled
1 lemon, juiced
1 cup of almond flour
1/4 cup of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1. Peel and slice the apples, then lay them into a 9 X 11 baking dish.
2. Squeeze lemon juice onto the apples to prevent browning.
3. In a bowl, mix the almond flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, and sea salt, 4. until it resembles a crumble.
5. Sprinkle crumble over the apples, and place in the oven at 375 degrees for 35 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, let cool, and indulge!