1. In a food processor combine 1/4 c almond flour, 1/2 c shredded coconut and some salt/pepper. Pulse a few times till the shredded coconut becomes crumb-size. Set aside on a plate. This is the coating.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the fish, 1/2 c almond flour, onion & garlic powders, eggs, and some salt/pepper. Mix it with your hands until everything has been incorporated. The mixture should be wet enough from the eggs to mold into nugget shapes. If not, add another egg.
3. In a saute pan (or 2 saute pans), melt the coconut oil or your fat of choice over medium heat.
4. Take about 2 tablespoons worth of the fish mixture and roll into the shape of a ball. Drop it into the almond/coconut mixture and roll the fish ball around with your fingers. Make sure it’s completely coated.
5. Repeat with the rest of the fish mixture. Place in the saute pan and cook on each side until nice and brown. I use 2 saute pans and add 1/4 coconut oil to each
6. Enjoy! I mix up some mustard and honey to make honey mustard for us to dip! Delicious!!!