Another Pumpkin Butter Recipe
Happy Thanksgiving Homemade Pumpkin Butter
Happy Thanksgiving Homemade Pumpkin ButterThis was super easy to make and quite delicious. I doubled the batch below so I could have some to enjoy myself. This will be fantastic spread onto pancakes, toast, or even layered with Vegan Overnight Oats! The possibilities are endless, and I plan to find them all. ;) Note that I reduced the sugar by 1/3 of a cup as I didn’t want it super sweet. You can adjust the sugar and seasonings to your own taste of course.
Adapted from Smitten Kitchen.
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree, approx. 3 1/2 cups or fresh
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2-1.5 teaspoons ground ginger (optional, sometimes I omit)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup Sucanat (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1. Combine pumpkin, apple juice, spices, and sugar in a large saucepan and stir well. Bring mixture to a boil, covered with lid ajar (I prop it with a wooden spoon). Reduce heat to low-medium and simmer, covered with lid ajar, for 35-45 minutes, stirring frequently. Be careful as the mixture bubbles and pops!
2. Remove from heat and let it sit for a few minutes before removing lid. Adjust spices to taste. Stir in lemon juice. Once cool, pumpkin butter can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks. Makes enough to fill one large mason jar or about 3.5 cups.
Note: Canning is not recommended.
Get your super cute Mason jar and set aside…
Dump everything into the pot except the fresh lemon juice. Once the mixture is cooked it will be thick and creamy!
Allow your pumpkin butter to cool before putting it into your Mason jar.
Now decorate your jar with curly ribbon and a tag…