Egg Pizza

Dr. Su’s Egg Pizza

Back in September, I came across a reference to Dr. Robert Su, blogger and author of Carbohydrates  Can Kill.  I have not read his book yet, or frankly a lot of his blog, but it’s in the queue!  What I have done is made his breakfast pizza!   I found this recipe in Dr. Su’s forum one morning.  So when the urge for breakfast struck, I decided to give it a try.
Here’s Dr. Su’s instructions copied directly from his website, accompanied by pictures of my breakfast.
“Let me share with you my staple breakfast menu, which I have cooked every morning for the past nearly 8 years, except the times when I was traveling.  In the ingredients include five eggs for my family of three. You can use two eggs for each person, though. One cup of shredded cheese from whole milk. One large avocado. three small links of fresh sausage. 1/2 cup of chopped tomato. 1/3 cup of green or red or yellow pepper. 
(1) Slice the avocado into three pieces. If you are by yourself or with your better half, you can use only one half of it.
(2) Boil the fresh sausage for 10 minutes. One sausage for each person.
(3) Make an egg pizza: Have a non-stick pan, in which pour two tablespoons of olive oil. Place the pan in an small oven for pre-heat at 300 degrees F. Put five tablespoons of coconut oil in a medium mixing cup. Scramble all the eggs in the coconut oil.  When the preheat is ready, get the pan out and pour all the scrambled egg into the pan. Place the pan back to the oven for 5 to 7 minutes until the egg is turned in yellow.Turn of the oven and retreat the pan.”
“Evenly place the chopped tomato and pepper (or mushroom, if you prefer) over the cooked egg. Spread the shredded cheese evenly over the tomato and pepper. Place the pan back into the oven.”
“Set the oven for broil for 3-5 minutes, depending the degree of broil you like for the cheese. Take the pan out and slice into three pieces for my family of three. “

“The total calories for me is around 650, because I take a larger share of the egg-pizza. I do not feel hungry even do not have the time for lunch until 4-5 o’clock.  The postprandial glycemia is usually going up less than 10 mg% and returns to the fasting BG level within 30-45 minutes. “
“The breakfast is very delicious and filling.Smile
Yes Dr Su, it certainly is!!
Since I was cooking for one, I had to cut the portions and used only two eggs.  And as you can see,  my avocado was a little over ripe, but the perfect side dish for the egg pizza and sausage.  I really thought the egg mixture would stick to the pan and be too thin to remove without falling apart, but  it slid right out.  It’s no wonder that he and his family have had this for eight years…I don’t think I would ever get tired of it either!  And even though I am currently avoiding dairy, the technique with the eggs and coconut oil is wonderful, and one I plan to use for some future dishes.  I left a comment for Dr. Su about how much I enjoyed the dish and how it kept me satiated for hours.  And he replied almost immediately with a kind note. I think he is one of the good guys and it’s a big deal for me to say that about a doctor! Smile
And to top it off, he’s a good cook!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing But Sweat Workout by DailyHIIT

4 Ways Your Pumpkin Can Make You Prettier

How Air Pollution Is Damaging Your Health