Quick Braised Collard Greens
By: Tessemaes All Natural®
- 1 pound collard greens (about 2 bunches)
- 4 strips bacon, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Tessemae’s Slow Roasted Garlic
- 2 teaspoons Tessemae’s Hot Sauce
- Cut out the stems from the greens, then roll up the leaves and slice crosswise, about ½ inch thick. Wash the greens in a bowl of water or salad spinner.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet until browned and spoon the bacon onto paper towel to drain. Leave the fat in the pan.
- Add the greens, Roasted Chopped Garlic and about ¼ cup water to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and cover. Cook, tossing occasionally, until greens are tender. 10- 12 minutes. (If needed, add more water to the pan.) Stir in Hot Sauce and sprinkle with the bacon.