Salmon Patties by redandhoney.com




INGREDIENTS

2 cans of salmon, 1 can of tuna (or any combination – just adjust the coconut flour accordingly to get the right texture)
1/2 cup coconut flour
3 eggs
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspooons minced onion flakes
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons brown mustard
1 tablespoon tamari (wheat-free soy sauce)
1/2 teaspoon real sea salt
a few shakes of pepper
coconut oil for frying

DIRECTIONS

1. Dump fish into a bowl and smash all together with a fork. (If you’re not used to canned salmon, there are usually small bones included – just mash them with a fork – no need to remove them).

2. Preheat your pan to medium-low (depending greatly on your stovetop of course) with some coconut oil. I use a cast-iron pan and it works amazingly well. Non-stick cookware is toxic and I find stainless steel frying pans make me wanna tear my hair out, so I stick with cast-iron and absolutely love it.

3. Add all ingredients except coconut flour, and stir to combine. I use my fork to whisk the eggs a little before stirring them into the fish.

4. Stir in coconut flour. Let sit for 2 minutes. Coconut flour is extremely absorbant, and the mixture needs to come to the right consistency so you can form it into patties.

5. Use a small scoopy thingie to put blobs into the hot pan, then squish them down a little so they’re more or less in the shape of a little pattie. I think my scoopy thingie might be a melon baller, but don’t quote me on that. I use it as an All-Purpose Magical Scoopy Tool of Wonder.

6. Fry on both sides until golden brown. Make sure you used a generous slathering of coconut oil so they’re nice and fried. Yum.

7. Serve with veggies dripping in butter. And some kinda starchy thing, if that’s what floats your boat. Enjoy!

Take a second to “like” Red and Honey on facebook if you haven’t already, and keep up with the behind-the-scenes of my totally not-at-all glamorous life with 3 small people that make mess faster than I can clean it up. Also? I post links and fun stuff. You’ll love it, or your money back. Ha.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing But Sweat Workout by DailyHIIT

4 Ways Your Pumpkin Can Make You Prettier

How Air Pollution Is Damaging Your Health