Tuesday Tutorial:Warm Winter Eyeshadow
1. Prime: Always start your application with a primer. It keeps your eye shadow from getting that annoying creasy look and also makes your shadow easier to blend. For this look I used Urban Decay Primer Potion.
2. Base Color: Using a flat brush apply a champagne color shadow from lash line to crease. Use a clean blender brush to sweep back and forth across the crease to soften edges. I used the color “Sin” from theUrban Decay Naked palette.
3. Crease Color: Choose a medium warm brown (a brown that has a red hue to it) shadow and a fluffy blender brush to “windshield wipe” the shadow across the crease of the eye. I used the color “Buck” from the Urban Decay Naked palette. Next, apply a darker shade of brown to the outer crease using circular strokes to blend. I used the shade “Hustle” from the Urban Decay Naked palette.
4. Add Warmth: Using a finishing brush apply a light wash of orange shadow to the brow bone just above the crease color. I used the color “Persia” from NARS.
5. Eyeliner: Apply gel eyeliner to the top lash line with an angle brush creating a round shape over the eye. You can stop there or continue by creating a small wing. For the bottom of the eye gently sweep a soft brown pencil into lashes and blend with a smudger brush. For this look I used Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Eyeliner on the top lash and Trish McEvoy Aubergine Gel Pencil on the bottom.
6. Lashes: Finish off your look with your favorite mascara or lashes! I used House of Lashes “Hollywood Glam” for this look to create a flirty .