Primal Cauliflower Mac and Cheese


Primal, Gaps, and Low Carb Cauliflower Mac and Cheese


cauliflower-mac-and-cheese

I have been experimenting with adding some high-quality dairy in my diet lately. It has been working pretty well. I don’t seem to do well with yogurt but cheese and heavy cream have been going down rather well. I always look for grass fed or raw dairyand at the very minimum organic. It can be hard to find so I often go without.
Don’t tell the Paleo police but I like cheese, lol!
Since I learned about the Weston A. Price movement in nutrition school, I have truly believed that some dairy can be included in a Paleo template on a case-by-case basis. It is important to pull out all dairy for 30 to 60 days but then add it back, if desired, slowly and watch for reactions. I basically didn’t eat cheese for 3 years so I think that qualifies as an elimination period.  I have been trying a bit here and there and it does not seem to cause any digestive issues.
Make sure you really do make an effort to get the good (raw, grass fed and organic) stuff because I have been learning lately that cheese can even have GMO’s from rennet and 2nd hand from grain-fed cows.
Ingredients:
5 cups cauliflower florets
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup homemade broth
2 tbsp coconut flour, sifted
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350.
Salt the cauliflower then steam it until al dente.
Then place the florets in a greased baking dish.
In a skillet heat up  the coconut milk with a pinch of salt and pepper over medium heat.
Add the broth and keep stirring.
Add the coconut flour to the mixture and let the sauce bubble.
Remove the sauce from heat then whisk in the egg.
The sauce should thicken and then pour it over the cauliflower.
Add the cheese evenly then bake for 35-40 minutes.
Turn the oven to broil for 3-5 minutes to get a nice color on top.
Serve and enjoy.
cauliflower-overhead

Looking for more Real Food/ Paleo recipes?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing But Sweat Workout by DailyHIIT

4 Ways Your Pumpkin Can Make You Prettier

How Air Pollution Is Damaging Your Health