Skip to main content

Chicken Salad on Apple Slices

Chicken Salad on Apple Slices

This recipe is something I would recommend as a post workout snack. The chicken breast is a great source of protein that your body needs for muscle recovery, so that you are making faster progress while keeping your energy up. The apple is the reason why it's better to eat this snack after your workout. It contains sugar and carbs that turn into blood sugar during the process of digestion. If you want to keep your body at a healthy level you don't really want to spike your insulin levels, but if you do, the best time is after your workout, when your body can use the glucose from your blood for energy instead of storing it as fat. Don't get me wrong, having some healthy levels of body fat is important, but make sure to get the fat out of healthy fats rather than from carbs. Here is the recipe video:



You will need a cooked chicken breast, or you can even try canned chicken breast if you don't mind the texture. When we were shooting this video, it was the first time of my life that I used a canned chicken breast and I didn't mind it. It was good. Another ingredient is plain greek yogurt and I suggest that you don't obsess about how many grams of fat does it contain. You should be worried about sugar and carbs that cause cavities, cellulite, acne, mood spikes, and diabetes. I am sorry if I'm being too aggressive, I am just very passionate about a healthy lifestyle and sugar does not belong there. 

Other ingredients in this salad are celery, scallions, green apples, pecans, almond slivers, dried cranberries, and cumin powder. 

Enjoy your snack and I will see you soon :)
Zuzka

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing But Sweat Workout by DailyHIIT

4 Ways Your Pumpkin Can Make You Prettier

How Air Pollution Is Damaging Your Health