2 Ingredient Lemon Facial Scrub by New Nostalgia

2 INGREDIENT HOMEMADE LEMON FACIAL SCRUB

2 ingredient lemon facial scrub

I make this simple homemade 2 ingredient lemon facial scrub about once a week.  It is so easy to throw together, and it leaves my skin very soft, smooth, & exfoliated. 

squeezing a lemon

Start by juicing a half of a lemon.  I like to use the lemons in my refrigerator that are on the verge of being too ripe to eat.  This is a great way to use those lemons up! 

use a fork to squeeze lemon
Don't underestimate the power of a simple fork!  I have several fancy lemon squeezing gadgets, but when I am just doing a lemon half, I just grab a fork.  It is amazing how much juice a simple fork can extract!

I add about 1/8-1/4 cup of organic sugar, and stir.  This makes enough for several applications, but in time the sugar dissolves, so I usually let my girls know that I have homemade lemon sugar scrub and they love doing "facials" with it.  They end up putting lots around their lips so they can lick it off.  Lemonade!  It is delicious and ends up being a great lip scrub, too!  You could also take leftovers in the bath with you for a great body scrub.

lemon scrub

I put some of the mixture into my palm, and rub in circular motions all over my face.  It feels so good!  I love a good scrub!  I then let it sit on my skin a few minutes until it gets sticky and feels a bit hard.  Then I get a wash cloth nice and hot, and just lay it on my face for a few seconds.  The steam opens the pores and softens the sugar mixture.  I then wipe off and rinse well.  I will often follow with a dab of coconut oil for moisture.



+++

2 Ingredient Lemon Facial Scrub

1/2 lemon
1/8-1/4 cup sugar

Juice lemon.  Add the sugar and stir.  Apply to face in circular motions and gently allow the sugar to scrub your skin.  Let sit for a few minutes.  Use a hot wash cloth, lay on face to steam for a minute, then use it to wipe of scrub.  Rinse well & moisturize.  Use once a week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing But Sweat Workout by DailyHIIT

4 Ways Your Pumpkin Can Make You Prettier

How Air Pollution Is Damaging Your Health