More Remedies-Peppermint Oil
PEPPERMINT OIL is one of the oldest remedies for ailments such as stomach issues, pain, breathing & more! Below are some uses for this amazing oil:
- Rub 4-6 drops in the palm and rub over stomach and around the navel to relieve indigestion, flatulence and diarrhea.
- Add a drop of Peppermint essential oil to herbal tea to aid in digestion and relieve heartburn.
- Massage several drops of Peppermint essential oil on the area of injury to reduce inflammation.
- Apply Peppermint essential oil
immediately to an injured area (bruise on foot or hand) to relieve
pain. If there is a cut, apply the Peppermint oil around (not on) the
- Rub several drops of Peppermint oil on the bottoms of the feet to reduce fever.
- Apply a drop of Peppermint oil topically on unbroken skin to stop itching.
- For poison ivy or poison oak, apply Peppermint oil on location neat or dilute with V-6 Vegetable Mixing Oil.
- Inhale Peppermint oil before and during a workout to boost your mood and reduce fatigue.
- Massage several drops of Peppermint oil on the abdomen to relieve nausea.
- To relieve a headache rub a drop of Peppermint oil on the temples, forehead, over the sinuses (stay away from the eyes) and on the back of the neck.
- To stop hiccups, apply a drop of Peppermint oil on each side of the fifth cervical vertebra (up three notches from the large vertebra at the base of the neck).
- Place two drops of Peppermint oil on the tongue and rub another drop under the nose to improve alertness and concentration.
- Diffuse Peppermint oil in
the room while studying to improve concentration and accuracy. Inhale
Peppermint essential oil while taking a test to improve recall.
- Rub 4 drops of Peppermint essential oil on chest and stomach to relieve travel sickness.
- Place a drop of Peppermint oil on the tongue and inhale into the nose and sinuses to relieve congestion from a cold.
- Add Peppermint oil to food as a flavoring and a preservative.
- To deter rats, mice, ants or cockroaches, place two drops of Peppermint oil on a cotton ball and place along the path or point of entry for these pests.
- Mix one 15-ml. bottle of Peppermint oil into a 5 gallon can of paint to dispel the fumes.
- Place a couple of drops of Peppermint oil in a cup of hot water and enjoy in place of coffee.
- Drink a drop of Peppermint oil mixed in a glass of cold water to cool off on a hot day.
- Rub Peppermint oil on joints to relieve arthritis or tendonitis pain.
- Place a drop of Peppermint oil on the tongue to stop bad breath.
- Inhale the fragrance of Peppermint oil to curb the appetite and lessen the impulse to overeat.
- Remove ticks from pets by applying a drop of Peppermint oil on a cotton swab and swabbing the tick. Wait for it to unhedge its head and remove from your pet.
- Mix Peppermint oil in a footbath to relieve sore feet. Keep water agitated while soaking feet.
- References: http://www.beauty-and-body.com/youngliving/2007_Articles/Powerful_Peppermint.htm
- To order peppermint oil click here