Take A Moment For Yourself
For many of us, this scene is a daily occurrence. Try one of these tips that's sure to power you through the rest of your day.
- Grab a friend and go on a brisk walk outside for a change of scenery.
- Do some simple breath work at your desk and if you have a little more time, take a mini meditation break.
- Try standing instead of sitting. You'll burn 1.5 more calories than you would sitting.
- Hungry? Drink a glass of water first (if water's too boring, try coconut water) to see if you're actually hungry or dehydrated.
- If it is hunger, avoid the sugar—it'll make you sleepier—instead, snack on something healthier like granola or nuts.
- An overall big way to avoid the slump is to exercise in the morning before heading into work.
- Last but not least, if you have a little privacy, try office yoga to get your blood flowing again.