DIY Eye De-Puffers
- Ice Ice Baby: Toss a bag of frozen veggies on your eyes and watch the swelling disappear. The chilly temperature constricts blood vessels, shrinking capillaries and reducing inflammation.
- Hydrate: Too much sodium in your diet can lead to inflammation throughout the body, even reaching the delicate eye area. Flush out toxins and unruly amounts of salt by simply amping up your water intake.
- Stimulate: Fluid retention makes eyes look inflated and swollen. If you stimulate your lymphatic system with a gentle massage and light exercise, it will encourage drainage of excess fluids.
Like what you're reading?
Join thousands of others and sign up for The Well Daily today.
Tap the Well:
- Steep 2 bags of green tea, let cool and then put over your eyes for 5 minutes.
- If you need a bigger boost, then put thinly sliced cucumbers over your eyes for an additional five minutes