Immune Booster Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana (pre-sliced)
- 1 knuckle ginger root, about 1/2"
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 avocado, peeled
- 1 cup red kale (organic if possible)
- 1 cup baby spinach (organic if possible)
- 1 cup frozen red grapes (organic if possible)
- 1/4 cup coconut meat (from fresh coconut)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds (if pomegranates aren't available, they can be found closer to the holidays)
- 1 1/2 cups chilled green tea, unsweetened (home brewed is best)
Add all the ingredients to a blender in the order listed above. Blend until smooth. Add ice for a thicker smoothie.
Note: Feel free to switch out the grapes with any of these equally as healthy superfoods: blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, or dark cherries.