- 2 medium zucchini (about 350-400g)
- 2 green onions thinly sliced (12g)
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup (about 1 ounce or 28g) fresh grated parmigiana reggiano (packed down)
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste(make sure its fresh ground black peper)
- Optional: 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- oil for frying (I used 2 tablespoons of walnut oil. Avocado oil or coconut oil would work great too)
- Grate zucchini with a medium sized grater so you get decent shreds of zucchini.
- Add salt and place shredded zucchini in a clean dishtowel and squeeze to get as much liquid out of it as possible. (It doesnt have to be perfect but do try to get as much as you can)
- Once squeezed place back in bowl and add beaten eggs, thinly sliced green onions, almond flour, parmigiana reggiano, and fresh ground black pepper and mix thorougly.(this is where you would add the lemon juiceif you choose to use it)
- Heat 2 tablespoons of yoru choice of cookign oil over medium heat and wait for that pan to get super hot.
- Once oil is shimmering add spoonfuls of mixture in hot oil and fry until golden brown on each side. About 2-3 minutes per side.
- Place on platter lined with paper towels to soak up any grease that sticks to the fritter and serve with sour cream and extra green onions on the side. And if you want to be really traditional you could serve it with sour cream and applesauce both on the side so each person can control how much sour cream/applesauce goes on.