Grilled Chicken and Broccoli
- 2 split chicken breasts, bone in and skin on
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped or minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Rinse chicken under cold water and set aside. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Carefully lift the skin from the breast creating a space to stuff.
- Place the garlic, lemon, and shallot under the skin, and stretch the skin a bit to cover the stuffing.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper
- Place chicken breasts on grill, bone side down and cook for 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of the breasts.
- Carefully flip the chicken, grill for 5-7 minutes on 'breast' side.
- If the chicken needs to cook longer than this time, flip it back to the bone-in size, reduce heat to medium-high, and cook until meat is white (or 165' in the thickest part of the breast).
- 1 bunch baby broccoli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to roast at 400.
- Rinse baby broccoli under cold water and place on cutting board.
- Trim and discard the ends, and then place the broccoli in a pyrex baking dish.
- Toss baby broccoli in olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until the tops are crispy and the stems are soft.