Cauliflower Pizza Crust Hawaiian Style-Do any style

Cauliflower Crust Hawaiian Pizza

This is the best invention ever: Cauliflower Crust Pizza. Yes, you heard that right… pizza crust made out of cauliflower. I saw it on Beth’s blog, and she got the idea from a friend who got the idea from a low-carb bulletin board. It’s apparently been an idea that has been floating around for a while, but I’ve just gotten wind of it and I’m sure glad I did. This stuff is (shockingly) good!


I topped mine Hawaiian style. This entire thing is incredibly simple to make!

Just use a cheese grater to “grate” your cauliflower into very small pieces. You can grate a whole large head of cauliflower and make two 9-inch pizzas.

Microwave those cauliflower crumbles for 8 minutes. No water or anything needed. Just microwave it for 8 minutes to soften it up, and then let it cool a little bit.  See the recipe below for how to proceed if you do not have a microwave.

Mix 1 1/2 cups of the cauliflower crumbles with egg, cheese and spices. (I used mozzarella, but imagine using different varieties of cheeses in the crust! Yum!)

Shape it into a 9 to 12-inch round. Bake the crust. Top it with desired sauce and toppings.

I went so simple and just used Classico Tomato- Basil marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, Canadian bacon and pineapple (our favorite).

All that happens next is just a quick broil in the oven to melt the cheese and heat the toppings.

That is all!  The pizza can be cut into 6 slices.  You’ll probably want to eat two slices.  Each slice is 151 calories and 4 Weight Watcher’s Points Plus.  And if you’re watching your carb intake, each slice has 9.2g carbs. In the recipe below- I also include nutritional info for just the crust (in case you’d like to create your own toppings).


I was able to make two pizzas from one large head of cauliflower.  My husband, my 10 year old and I all really liked the pizza and agreed that you can’t tell at all that the crust is made out of cauliflower.  It doesn’t taste like “real” pizza crust, but it doesn’t have the flavor or texture of cauliflower either.  You’ll have to try it out for yourself and let me know what you think!  Thanks so much to Beth and her Cauliflower Pizza Crust post for inspiring me to make this myself and share it with my readers!

Other pizza topping ideas:
Marinara or pizza sauce with your favorite toppings
Pesto with thin sliced tomato and fresh mozzarella
Alfredo with sausage, mushrooms, Provolone & Asiago cheese
Barbecue sauce with shredded chicken, green onions and smoked gouda
How do you like to top your pizza?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing But Sweat Workout by DailyHIIT

4 Ways Your Pumpkin Can Make You Prettier

How Air Pollution Is Damaging Your Health