Hasselback Sweet Potatoes w/ Crispy Garlic
Hasselback Sweet Potatoes with Crispy Garlic
By,: Everyday Maven
- 4 medium organic sweet potatoes
- 4 medium cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tablespoons Ghee (see NOTES for butter or coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 425F. Scrub potatoes clean and set aside. Line a baking sheet with tin foil. Combine Ghee, salt, pepper, paprika and garlic in a small dish. I used a garlic press to crush the garlic right into the dish. Stir until well combined.
- Grab a pair of chopsticks and place one on either side of a potato. Use a knife to cut ¼” slices ⅔ of the way down the potato. The chopsticks will help act as guides and prevent you from slicing the potato all the way. Once the potatoes are sliced, transfer to baking sheet.
- Divide the Ghee mixture up among the four potatoes and use your hands to rub it in. Try to get as much as possible into the slices without ripping or breaking the potato apart. Don’t bother to rub the bottom, just focus on the upper ⅔ where the slices are and the top.
- Bake for 50 minutes, serve and Enjoy!