Home Workout # 10 – Total Body Resistance Circuit by DR SARA

home workout # 10

Work Smarter, Not Harder:

Today's Workout is 20 minutes. It may be short, but it sure is INTENSE! And it targets your entire body!
home workout # 10

Prelude & Fugue:


Always a Must!

Drink your BCAAs!

Stay hydrated with water.
  • I like to add BCAAs. Click here to read why.

Equipment Required:

  1. Gymboss Interval Timer
  2. A laptop, smart phone, or tablet (to play this workout video)
  3. Shock-absorbing surface, such as interlocking floor mats.
  4. Dumbbells (I used 12 pound hex dumbbells: hex so they won't roll on the floor. I also recommend rubber coated dumbbells so they won't ruin your floor!)
  5. Kettlebell (I used a 25 pound kettlebell)
  6. Sandbag (I filled mine with 40 pounds of sand: I pre-meausred 10 pounds of sand into 6 ziploc bags. That way I can adjust the weight of my sandbag from 10 to 60 pounds).
home workout # 10

Video Workout:

Set your gymboss timer for: 40 seconds WORK, 10 seconds REST. This circuit consists of 6 different compound resistance exercises. Perform the circuit 4 times, which takes ~20 minutes.
  1. Four Up/Downs into Four Jumping Jack Planks
  2. Squat Thrusters (ie. Dumbbell Squat to Shoulder Press). I used 12-pound DBs.
  3. Dumbbell Burpee Push-up into One-Armed Rows (right, then left) into 3 Standing Lateral Deltoid Raises. (I used 12 pound DBs).
  4. Four Sumo Squats (holding a KB between the legs) into Four 2-handed Kettlebell Swings. (I used a 25-pound KB)
  5. Sandbag Straight-Legged Deadlift into a bent-over Row. (I used 40 pounds in my sandbag)
  6. Four Reptile Push-ups with a roll into Four V-Ups


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing But Sweat Workout by DailyHIIT

4 Ways Your Pumpkin Can Make You Prettier

How Air Pollution Is Damaging Your Health