Anisette Cookies Thank You Jason Snow!
* 1 cup organic butter, softened
* 3/4 cups sugar
* 1 teaspoon anise extract
* 1 teaspoon lemon extract (see substitutions below)
* 3 cups flour( I am using organic whole wheat )
* 3 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 egg(from my backyard chickies)
* 1 cup powdered sugar(organic)
* colored sprinkles
Procedure * Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
* Beat together butter and sugar until creamy.
* Stir in anise and lemon
* Add dry ingredients - blend together.
* Add eggs. Blend.
* Form dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
* Bake for 15 minutes.
* Cool and glaze.