Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2½ tablespoons butter, or ghee
- 16 mushrooms, crimini or white button
- ½ small yellow onion, minced
- 1 cup crabmeat, picked through for shells
- 2 tablespoons homemade mayo
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons almond meal or finely ground flaxseed for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems. Gently hollow out some of the inside of the mushroom cap then set them aside.
- Finely chop the stems and set the mushroom caps aside. Alternatively, throw the stems and the onion into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of ghee in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chopped stems and onions and sauté until soft, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Combine the crab, mayonnaise, lemon juice, spices, and salt in a bowl then mix in the sautéed vegetables.
- Fill each mushroom cap with a heaping tablespoon of the mixture. Sprinkle the tops with the almond meal.
- Lightly grease a baking dish with the remaining ghee. Place the stuffed caps in the dish and bake for 15-18 minutes, until the filling is hot and the mushrooms are tender and browned.