Why Bone Broth?



Why is broth so good?
Broth is amazing for not only gut health but also joint health. Containing valuable nutrients that we find hard to source from our modern diet including collagen, gelatin and glucosamine. These are nutrients that are required for strong bones, joints and a healthy digestive system. Not to mention all the amazing minerals present like calcium, magnesium zinc etc. For me while I was healing my leaky gut and adrenal fatigue broth become a valuable part of the healing process and a daily stable.
How to make basic broth
There are many ways you can make broth and I want to share with you my absolute basic recipe and my rolls royce version. More often than not I just make my basic and all that happens is when ever I do a roast chicken I save all the bones.  I then pop it in the slow cooker, with one onion and one bulb of garlic and cover with water. Turn it on and let it bubble away for 12-24 hours. Easy! Anyone can do that. If I can’t be making it on the day I have the bones left over, they get popped into the freezer until I want to make a broth. This is often the case with hot summer days and saving them up for rainy cold days.


INGREDIENTS

1-2 cooked left over chicken bones2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar2 stalks celery chopped up2 carrots chopped up2 onions peeled chopped up roughly5-6 cloves garlic peeled4 bay leaves4 sprigs of thyme1 tablespoon pepper cornsApprox 2 tablespoons himalayan salt (add at end to taste)

Cooking Instructions
Add everything into a slow cooker and cover with water. Let it simmer away for 12-24 hours.
Once cooked, drain and add salt to taste.
I then grate some fresh tumeric for its anti- inflammatory properties and place a teaspoon of butter into each glass for extra nutrients and gut healing properties.
Enjoy a glass of this daily for extra nutrients into your diet.
~Tiffany💕




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing But Sweat Workout by DailyHIIT

4 Ways Your Pumpkin Can Make You Prettier

How Air Pollution Is Damaging Your Health