Are You Cleansing to Much? Or not enough?





For many of us, some of the first beauty advice we were ever told was to: Wash your face thoroughly, twice daily, once in the morning and once at night—and maybe even once in the middle of the day if your skin is particularly acne-prone or oily. Turns out, this well-meaning advice may be doing more harm than good for many of us, stripping our skin of necessary oils and causing irritation.

What is considered over-cleansing?

For most skin types, washing your face with a cleanser more than three times a day, with the exception of post workout cleanses—or, for people with dry, sensitive skin, more than once a day—is excessive. Too much cleansing can break down our skin’s protective barrier and strip our skin’s natural oils, making us more prone to redness, irritation, and even acne.

How often should I be washing my face then?

If you’re currently cleansing twice a day and feel your complexion is balanced and generally healthy, keep it up. But if you find yourself prone to dryness, acne, or irritation, try experimenting with washing only at night, and in the morning, just splashing some cool water on your skin to refresh. And for an amazing healthy cleanser may I suggest Algallure's Age Defying Creamy Cleanser

I have normal to dry  skin and my daily cleansing routine currently involves rinsing lightly with water and  Algallure's Age Defying Creamy Cleanser in the morning and using a pH-balanced oil-based makeup remover ( I double cleanse and make my own facial oil)  and  Algallure's Age Defying Creamy Cleanser in the evening to remove sunscreen and makeup. While the morning part has always been the same, my evening routine used to involve a harsh foaming cleanser (brands I do not recommend) for the evenings. The cleansers were harsh and left  my skin  always  so dry, and it wasn’t until I switched to green products and started oil cleansing with a double cleanse that my skin no longer felt dry. Yes..I now use a skincare that has beautiful and healthy ingredients. My husband now uses too! He loves to shave with it!!

Should I wash my face post-workout?

Yes. Letting sweat simply dry on its own after a workout is never a good idea; a good sweat session can clear our pores of buildup, but letting the sweat sit afterward means you’re also letting bacteria sit. Gently wash your skin (and body!) immediately after working out, or use a gentle organic face wipe until you can cleanse more thoroughly. Before I workout I like to swipe a micellar face wipe over all my face but eyes. Than of course after your workout shower. What is nice about the cleanser I use now. It can travel easy. I have one in my gym bag, in my husbands bathroom and in mine...Remember cleansing is so important. Using the right cleanser makes all the difference. And the cleanser I use now is amazing for oilier skin(my husband), for dry/normal and for sensitive.Algallure's Age Defying Creamy Cleanser

Recipe for DIY facial oil(perfect makeup remover)

~foaming soap dispenser(you can get on Amazon)
~ 1/4 c fractionated coconut oil
~1/4 c argan oil
~ 3 T tamanu oil
~1/2 dropper lemon essential oil
~1/2 dropper frankinscence oil
~ 1/4 c rose water
~1/4 c rosehip oil

Mix well add to dispenser. I also make my own body oil. You can get loads of recipes here on this blog by searching. I love playing with oils. At the moment I am using these. I like to also add prickly pear or avocado or neem.


Love the Skin Your In!

~Tiffany

Product Mention:

~ Use Code: THANKS50 to get 50%off at checkout( by the whole set) Your skin will thank you!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing But Sweat Workout by DailyHIIT

4 Ways Your Pumpkin Can Make You Prettier

How Air Pollution Is Damaging Your Health