My Mom's Hamburger Stew




 1lb hamburger meat

1/2 large onion, chopped

2 cloves garlic minced

 1/2 small bag of frozen corn

1/2 bag of frozen cut frozen green beans

1 large potato, cut up

1 small can green chilies

2T Gebhardt chili powder

1 can of tomato sauce & 14 oz can whole tomatoes squished up

water if needed

salt and pepper

Brown ground beef with onion and chopped potato. I use lean ground beef and a little olive oil so I do not have to drain the grease from fatty hamburger. Than I add chili powder. Sometimes I will add cumin. But I like the chili powder taste only. Gebhardt is the best flavor. Than season a little salt and pepper. Add the tomato sauce, chilies, veggies and half can of water from tomato sauce. Let is simmer for like 20 to 30 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning.  I like to top mine with cheese and green onions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing But Sweat Workout by DailyHIIT

4 Ways Your Pumpkin Can Make You Prettier

How Air Pollution Is Damaging Your Health