Chicken Dinner: Kale,Chicken &Sweet Potatoes
Ginger Sesame KaleINGREDIENTS
2 bunches Kale (any kind), rinsed, leaves torn away from the stems into bite sized pieces
1 1/2 TBS Sesame Chili Oil
1 1/2 TBS Olive Oil
1 1/2 tsp Coconut Aminos
1 1/2 -2 TBS finely grated fresh Ginger
2-3 cloves fresh Garlic, sliced
1 1/2 TBS Sesame Seeds
Sea Salt and Pepper to Taste
1 1/2 TBS water
1. Place all ingredient except water into a large mixing bowl, and marinate for about 15-20 minutes.
2. Heat a large wok or skillet over medium heat, and transfer ingredients.
3. Sauté for a few minutes until some pieces of kale and garlic are slightly crispy.
4 Add water and cover the pan to steam until kale is a bit wilted, but still crisp. Stir briefly, then remove from heat. Serve immediately.
Spicy Roasted ChickenINGREDIENTS
5 Chicken Legs
Oil to Coat (I used olive oil this time, but frequently use coconut oil as well- your preference)
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Red Chili Flakes
1 tsp Cumin Powder
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with tin foil.
3. Lightly coat chicken in oil, and place on baking sheet.
4. Sprinkle with Garlic, Red Chili, Cumin, Sea Salt and Pepper on all sides. (These measurements are guesses!)
5. Bake in the center of the oven, uncovered, for about 40 minutes, turning half-way through to get a good crisp.
Mashed Sweet PotatoesINGREDIENTS
3 Sweet Potatoes, scrubbed and diced (Peeling is optional)
Fresh, local raw butter, a couple TBS (optional!)
Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Place potatoes into a steamer basket a large pot, and add water until pot is about 1/4 – 1/3 full. (Water can touch the potatoes, but shouldn’t cover them if steaming.)
2. Cover the pot, and steam for about 10 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through. (I check them with a fork; once it comes out easily, they’re soft enough.)
3. Drain water, keeping potatoes in the pot.
4. Add butter if using, sea salt and pepper. Using a hand mixer, blend until your desired texture is achieved.
5. Serve hot.