Feel free to make this your own with a personal twist. Add sausage or chorizo to the beef for extra fats and a different flavor. Use non-traditional toppings like avocado and salsa to make a southwestern style burger muffin. You can even cut them in half and serve cold with dipping sauces of your choice – the possibilities are endless!
1. Measure out the ground beef and place into a hot pan. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Cook beef until browned on the bottom, the season with onion powder, garlic powder, and tomato paste. Mix together and turn off the heat. You should be left with “rare” (only semi-cooked) ground beef.
3. Mix together the dry ingredients for the muffins and pre-heat oven to 350F.
4. Add wet ingredients into the muffin mixture and mix well.
5. Divide up the mixture for the muffins into silicone muffin cups. Indent the muffin using your finger or a spoon to give space for the ground beef. Then, fill each muffin with ground beef mixture.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until muffins are browned slightly on the outside.
7. Remove from the oven and top with some cheese, then broil for an additional 1-3 minutes.