Sweet Potato and Kale Salad
- 4 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed and dried
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 head dinosaur flat kale, finely chopped, ends removed
- 1 small head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 green apple, cored, diced
- 3 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup well-stirred tahini
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- ¼ cup water, plus more if needed
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet and poke holes in them with a fork. Rub them with the oil. Roast for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the potatoes are very tender. Remove from the oven; let cool for 5 minutes, then remove the skin. Place sweet potato flesh in a medium bowl and mash it.
- In a large bowl, combine kale, cabbage, apple and mint. Add sweet potato in spoonfuls (see photo for guidance).
- In a separate bowl, combine tahini, lemon juice, water and garlic until it forms a dressing consistency. Pour over salad mixture and toss to combine. Serve immediately.