Araies Iahma aka Bedouin Pizza
Recipe courtesy of Petra Kitchen
- 1 pound ground meat
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 green chili pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and diced
- 2 tomatoes, blanched, skinned and diced (see preparation)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 pita bread
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Finely dice the tomatoes, onion, chili and garlic.
- Add the salt, cumin, and diced vegetables to the ground meat and mix well.
- Cut each round of pita in half. Fill each pocket with a thin layer of meat inside. Brush the stuffed with olive oil and put on a sheet pan.
- Bake for 7 minutes, then turn pitas over and bake for 5 minutes more.