The Glowing Green Smoothie




Ingredients (64 ounces / 2-4 servings)

  • 1 ½- 2 cups very cold, filtered water
  • 6 cups spinach, chopped or kale
  • 5 cups organic romaine lettuce, chopped or 1 cucumber
  • 2 stalks of organic celery
  • 1 organic green apple, cored and chopped
  • 1 organic pear, cored and chopped
  • 1 organic banana
  • 1–2 Tbs. fresh organic lemon juice

Optional Ingredients

  • Ice cubes (the extra coldness can help newbies with the taste)
  • 1/2 cup of organic cilantro
  • 1/2 cup of organic parsley

Directions

Add water, spinach and chopped romaine to the blender. Starting the blender on a low speed; mix until smooth.
Gradually move to higher speeds and add the herbs, celery, pear, and apple. Add the banana and lemon juice last.

Remember to switch out greens and herbs. You do not want to get your body used to it that you know longer absorb all the nutrients OR even get a allergy from it. I will sometimes use arugula as a sub for greens. And I sub in and out the cucumber for romaine. Limes instead of lemons. Not always the banana. I always add the options to my green drink. The herbs are blood cleaners.


Drinking the Glowing Green Smoothie ® (GGS) is a great way to incorporate tremendous amounts of greens into your diet – far more than just eating your veggies. A serving of the GGS contains over 3 cups of dark leafy green vegetables, which is more than many people get in a week!

Greens have more valuable nutrients than any other food group on the planet. You might be surprised to learn that greens even have high-quality, easily-assimilated amino acids – enough to build the protein that supports the muscle mass of the mighty, greens-eating gorilla, which pound-for-pound is the strongest animal on earth! Blending helps make greens’ full spectrum of nutrition readily available to the body.

Nutrients are encased inside plant cells and getting their benefits requires these cells’ walls to be ruptured. Greens need to be worked down to a creamy consistency, but most people simply don’t chew that much! Blending addresses this problem, helping your body absorb the maximum amount of nutrition from your greens. This is the drink that I will be drinking everyday. I did this when I first became Paleo. A green drink daily. I do it now when I can. Hotel living is preventing. But I do what I can to get green juice at the store.

Kimberly recommends drinking 16 ounces till you get to drink the full 24 ounce. I am on this new journey to get all the vitamins and nutrients out of my food. I always have eaten healthy. I have tried every diet that was a lifestyle change in my eating habits to help me. I have even done diets that I have created for clients to see how they work before I gave it to them. So I like to play with food. LOL! But now that I am getting older food plays even a bigger issue with your hormones and weight. And I have gone from eating clean,paleo,raw til 4 and vegan cleanses to now a paleo/keto. I will eat more vegan like food without the processed grains vegans love to eat. I will be following Kimberly's journey along with my preferred protein. I need protein, especially that I like to lift weights. And plant protein does not have the amino acid makeup to build muscle and be strong. I love seafood and eggs (clean protein, plus I plan on having chickens again). I will be posting more recipes and purchasing her book. Im so excited for this new venture. SO far baby steps. I have eliminated dairy unless RAW. So, let's see how this goes. A sprouting I shall go!

~Tiffany💓

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing But Sweat Workout by DailyHIIT

4 Ways Your Pumpkin Can Make You Prettier

How Air Pollution Is Damaging Your Health