Garlic Soup

 


So, my husband brought home the COVID variant. He caught it from his companies coworkers. Tested positive. I knew I would get it. I had COVID when it first came out before it was a pandemic. I was sick for a whole month lost my taste and smell for months. Than, I figured out it was COVID. But hey I did my holistic treatments and I got through it. Now I was able to rid it with supplementation and this amazing soup. Great when you are fighting the flu. We are great now. Sick for only 2 days. I am telling you taking NAC, oregano oil, Tudca, Turmeric Wellness drink, teas and soup helps fight it better than drugs.  Hope you enjoy this like I do. Thank you, my sister for recommending this to me.
~Tiffanyxx


INGREDIENTs

  • 26 garlic cloves (unpeeled)
  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 2 Tbsp. (1/4 stick) butter
  • 2 cups sliced onions
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
  • 18 garlic cloves, peeled
  • 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
  • 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (optional)
  • 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese (about 2 ounces)
  • salt and freshly-ground black pepper
  • 4 lemon wedges
  • INSTRUCTIONS

    1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place 26 garlic cloves in small glass baking dish. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Cover baking dish tightly with foil and bake until garlic is golden brown and tender, about 45 minutes. Cool. Squeeze garlic between fingertips to release cloves. Transfer cloves to small bowl.
    2. Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions and thyme and cook until onions are translucent, about 6 minutes. Add roasted garlic and 18 raw garlic cloves and cook 3 minutes. Add chicken stock; cover and simmer until garlic is very tender, about 20 minutes. Working in batches, puree soup in blender until smooth. Return soup to saucepan; add shredded chicken and cream, and bring to simmer. Season with salt and freshly-ground black pepper.
    3. Divide grated cheese among 4 bowls and ladle soup over. Squeeze juice of 1 lemon wedge into each bowl and serve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing But Sweat Workout by DailyHIIT

4 Ways Your Pumpkin Can Make You Prettier

How Air Pollution Is Damaging Your Health